Vill-75 Niztaraf, P.O.+P.S.-Mekhliganj, Dist-Cooch Behar, PIN-735304, State- West Bengal, India
Population Geography and Cartography
AREA OF RESEARCH
Educational Mobility, Maternal Health care utilization, Children health, Women Empowerment
AREA OF INTEREST
Women's Education, Women Empowerment, Domestic Violence against Women, Women's Health, Population Ageing
1."Maternal determinants of low birthweight among Indian children: Evidence from the National Family Health Survey-4, 2015-16". Plos ONE, December 2020.
2. “Prevalence and correlates of menstrual hygienic practices among young currently married women aged 15-24 years: an analysis from a nationally representative survey of India”. The European journal of contraception and reproductive health care (Taylor & Francis), August, 2020.
3. “Impact of education on the utilization of maternal health care services: An investigation from National Family Health Survey (2015–16) in India”. Children and Youth Services Review (Elsevier), 108(2020) 104642.
4. “Lockdown for COVID-19 and its impact on community mobility in India: An analysis of the COVID-19 Community Mobility Reports, 2020”. Children and Youth Services Review (Elsevier), 116(2020) 105160.
5. “Impact of lockdown on learning status of undergraduate and postgraduate students during COVID-19 pandemic in West Bengal, India”. Children and Youth Services Review (Elsevier), 116(2020) 105194.
6. “Determining factors of institutional delivery in India: A study from Ntional Family Health Survey-4 (2015-16)”. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health (Elsevier),
7. “Spatio-temporal Variation in Literacy among the Scheduled Caste Population: A Sub divisional Scenario of Koch Bihar District, West Bengal, India”. IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), Volume 22, Issue 7,Ver. 10 (July. 2017) PP 01-1, e-ISSN: 2279-0837, p-ISSN: 2279-0845. DOI: 10.9790/0837-2207100111.
8. “Socio-Demographic Inequalities among Scheduled Caste Women: A Block Level Analysis of Malda District of West Bengal, India”. International Journal of Advanced Scientific Research and Management, Volume 3 Issue 8, Aug 2018, ISSN 2455-6378.
9. “Spatio-temporal analysis of literacy and educational attainment of Scheduled caste female of Koch Bihar district of West Bengal, India”. Review of research, volume - 7 Issue – 10, July – 2018, ISSN: 2249-894x.
10. “Comparative analysis of Intergenerational Educational Mobility between Scheduled Caste and Non-Scheduled Caste Population of Mekhliganj Block of Koch Bihar District, West Bengal, India”. International Journal of Basic and Applied Research, February 2018, Volume 8, Number 2, ISSN 2249-3352 (P) 2278-0505 (E).
11. “Gender Disparity in Literacy and Educational Attainment of Scheduled Caste Population in Koch Bihar District”. Seminar Proceeding Book on Gender Issues in India: Challenges and Strategies, ISBN: 978-93-81669-69-2.
12. “Spatial Pattern of Gender Disparity in Literacy and Educational Attainment in North Bengal, India”. Indian Cartographer, Journal of the Indian National Cartographic Association (INCA), Volume-36, Part-II, ISBN: 0927-8392.
13. “Status of Women’s Participation in Economic Activities in Rural Areas and Associated Problems: A Case Study of Tufanganj-I Block in Koch Bihar District of West Bengal,India”. International Journal of Basic and Applied Research, February 2018, Volume 8, Number 8, ISSN 2249-3352 (P) 2278-0505 (E).
14. “Educational Impact on Empowerment of Scheduled Caste Women of Koch Bihar District, West Bengal”. RESEARCH REVIEW International Journal of Multidisciplinary, Volume-03, Issue- 08, ISSN: 2455-3085 (Online).
15. “Respondent’s Perception on Double Discrimination in Education: A Case study on Scheduled Caste Females of Mekhliganj Block of Koch Bihar District, West Bengal”.International Journal of Scientific Research and Review, 2018, volume 07, Issue 03, ISSN: 2279-0543.
16. “Intergenerational Educational Mobility: A Comparative Analysis between Reserved and Unreserved Categories Population of Harirampur Block of Dakshin Dinajpur, West Bengal, India”. The Asian Man (Indianjournals.com), 13, Issue 1, January - June 2019: 1-16, DOI: 10.5958/0975-6884.2019.00001.X.
SEMINAR & SYMPOSIA
1. International Seminar on “Women Empowerment: Policy, Challenges and Strategies”(23rd November, 2016) organized by Jakir Hussain B.Ed College, Miapur, Ghorsala, Murshidabad, 742235, West Bengal, India.
2. 4th International Seminar on “Population, Urbanization and Environment: Contemporary Issues and Challenges” (21st-22nd March, 2018) organized by Department of Geography, University of Gour Banga, Malda, West Bengal, India.
3. 3rd International Seminar on “System Dynamics, Human-Nature Interaction & Societal Discourse” (18th November, 2017) organized by Department of Geography, The University of Burdwan, in collaboration with Association of Bengal Geographers (ABG), West Bengal, India.
4. International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) seminar on “Population, Health and Development: Global and National Policy Perspectives” organized at New Delhi YMCA, during February 15-17, 2018.
5. XIV DGSI International Geography Conference on “Global Economy Sustainable Tourism and Climate Change” organized by Dept. of Geography, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India during 27th September to 29th September, 2019.
6. IGU-India International Conference on “Agriculture, Food, Water, Biodiversity and Health in Changing Climate” organized by Dept. of Geography, University of Burdwan during 6-8th March, 2020.
7. 39th Annual Meet and Conference of Institute of Indian Geographers (IIG) on “Population, Environment and Sustainable Development” (26th-28th December, 2017) organized by Department of Applied Geography, School of Regional Studies and Earth Sciences, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack-753003.
8. UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Gender Issues in India: Challenges and Strategies” (9th & 10th February, 2017) organized by Women’s Cell, Saheed Kshudiram College, Kamakhyaguri, Alipurduar, West Bengal-736202.
9. National Seminar on “Geography and Development” organized by Dept. of Geography and Applied Geography, University of North Bengal (Jalpaiguri Campus) during 13-14th March, 2020.
10. “Survey Based Research in Social Science” organized by Department of Commerce, University of Gour Banga, Malda (28th-29th March, 2018).
11. “Application of Statistical Software in Social Science Research” organized by Department of Commerce, University of Gour Banga, Malda (18th-24th January, 2018).
12. 2nd International Seminar on “Changing geo-Environmental Processes and Societal Adjustment” (30th august, 2016) organized by Department of Geography, University of Gour Banga, Malda, West Bengal, India.
13. 3rd International Seminar on “Earth System Processes and Interruptions: Issues and Challenges” (April 19-20, 2017) organized by Department of Geography, University of Gour Banga, Malda, West Bengal, India.
I am working on the Utilization of maternal health care services among Muslim women of Malda District.
REFRESHERS & ORIENTATION COURSES
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
1. Presented a invitee lecture on "Tabulation of Data:Properties of a Statistical Table, Frequency Distribution, Cumulative Frequency Distribution, Polygon and Curve" as Resource Person in the Skill Development Course on "Data Collection, Representation and Analysis in Social Science" organized by the Department of Geography, Malda College held on 7th March, 2021 (7:00 pm to 9:30 pm).
1. District Champion on Youth Parliament Quiz, 2010.
2. Participation on State Level Youth Parliament Quiz, 2010
3. UGC NET-JRF in Geography (June 2014 & December 2014)
4. M.Phil degree (Geography) from the University of Gour Banga in 2018.
|Developed by Skill Hut|